Crony Capitalism – [Visualized]

From idsgeek:

Crony capitalism – a capitalist economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials.

For information on how to stop this head over to rootstrikers.org.
Crony Capitalism

(via lerockwell)

13 Comments

• Pingback: Bill Moyers & Company S1E2: The revolving door between Washington and Wall Street at Merge Left

• 23/01/2012 - 07:49 | Permalink

I did not note any G W Bush folks on the roster, yet I understood 41 of his incoming staff was from Big Oil. I believe missing some circles for Big Oil and EPA might be an oversight.

And what a number of Clinton people.

• 23/01/2012 - 18:55 | Permalink

Good idea, but… I see Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Media, Big Finance, Big GMO, but no Big War? When both parties are bought & paid for by Corporations, but this list is dominated by Obama, Clinton & (D), I must question bias.

• Oak Truncheon
    24/01/2012 - 23:12 | Permalink

These graphics are well designed to show the endemic hypocrisy of the Type D’s, unfortunately they don’t illustrate the brazen-faced whoring of the Type R’s.

• 30/01/2012 - 14:13 | Permalink

As a very early supporter of Obama, a generous contributor, then becoming his campaign’s precinct capitan, and a WV delegate…I must confess a great sorrow; the change we dreamt of in Obama was a misplaced faith and has become a profound disappointment. He is owned by banks, sucked up into the prevailing power structure of USAcorp as it continues to manifest and subvert the soul of America. We are fast becoming a facist state, where big corporations, big government, the law have been rolled into one huge tool wielded by the oligarchy to rob the lower classes. Elections make no difference, the politicals are subverted, bought and paid for then hired on, It is a failure of ethics, a failure of values, a lack of ideals…it is the seduction of the best and brightest minds who sell their promise for obscene wealth rather than to use it to lead, to serve, and to improve society.

• Bruce
      01/02/2012 - 17:17 | Permalink

Well put. I was an early supporter and contributor to the Obama campaign also, but have come to the same concluisions. Is there any way to change things short of a revolution? As you can see from the above comments, we continue to get bogged down in ideological attacks or bias questioning when neither of the two major parties is really any different on issues related to money influencing policy and neither deserves our support.

Could there possibly be enough support generated in 2012 for Jill Stein and the Green Party by the Occupy Movement and others to win an election? Given the history of being stuck with old allegiances to the two-party system I have my doubts. There are probably too many who think we are not able to make a break from old ways of doing business, exploiting labor and natural resources, poluting the environment, and the like, to support a Green Party candidate… but there are still 10 months left!

• 10/03/2012 - 09:13 | Permalink

I must say…that watching the erosion of the middle class and democracy in the U.S.A. gives me as a Canadian great concern because we are going down the same path.
    We have Prime Minister that reminds me of some Taliban I’ve met.

• bob moore
    14/03/2012 - 20:35 | Permalink

No, unfortunately it seems that nothing short of some form of revolution is the only path to remedy. I am speaking unarmed revolution here. I am speaking of taking to the streets in numbers that cannot be ignored. OCCUPY is a beginning that we need to build on. Now that the weather is becoming friendlier here in the Windy City, I am hoping for renewed and expanded participation by the masses. I’ll be there. Please join us…

• 16/03/2012 - 07:04 | Permalink

It would seem that progressives (and respectable conservatives) have as little to lose by abandoning the Democratic Party (and Republican Party) as they ever will. If all who agree that both parties are too corrupt to keep supporting them came up with a slate (or two) of candidates to write in, it might be a start of something. The Greens have been around for quite a while and deserve support, and there is a Justice Party being formed.

• Pingback: Noda, Obama and the TPP, nuclear power, and the Osprey | Seetell.jp

• Pingback: Reinventing Crony Capitalism - Deregulation, Desupervision, Defacto decriminalization - ALIPAC

• Pingback: Crony Capitalism – [Visualized] | Occupedia

• Pingback: SHOCKING Crimes Exposed of Medical Experiments on Innocent Americans! | Ronmamita's Blog